[Typo3-doc] Problems around the writing process

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Nov 25 21:28:19 CET 2004

Hi Jean-Marie,

>> Because this is *exactly* what I have been trying to do from the very
>> beginning!
>
> Although I didn't have much against your structure I didn't see that you
> involved the whole docMatrix in it with having one big document in mind.
> It looked to me that you came up with a whole new idea where the
> existing docs didn't have much place in them.

Hmmm, look at the page again... And compare it - document by
document - with the typo3.org documentation page/matrix.

It's quite a job to do it. I know, becuse I did just that -
looked at each document and decided if it should be in. And if
so, where to put it in the structure!

> And you got a lot of reflections on your structure from people about not
> being very user friendly. I personally didn't see much of a problem but
> that doesn't mean that there was or was not.

Show me a more user friendly structure that covers all
documents, and I will start discussing again.

Just don´t make the mistake and think that I havn´t thought a
lot about this...  ;-)

>> And I think that if you look at my first wiki structure or the Overall
>> Document Structure page
>> (http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Overall_document_structure) you can
>> see that most documents (except extensions documents) are there! And
>> they are structured!
>
> I can't remember that structure. The one I had in mind looked much
> different. So maybe that was created after I stopped taking part in that
> structuring process.

It was created the 13th of june, and I restructured it the 16th
of june...

The only differens I can see between todays page and the one of
17th june is that the linking is more complete today...

> Also, when I said to have one big document I didn't mean it the way you
> proposed as seen by klicking the above link. This is some structure with
> links to documents. What I'm proposing is to create a whole new big
> document where it seems that everything that is apart now is together.

I disagree.

But if you with this idea wants to put together most of the
"normal" documentation, get rid of redundancy and maybe
restructure paragraphs/sections/chapters a little - then I think
you are very close to my idea of an "official Typo3 documentation".
But in my world every chapter/subject is a separate document...

---
Maybe we are talking about different things here? I talk about
*every* document (and even about not yet written documents),
while most of you are talking about a subset of documents - the
most useful ones that should be put into your big document?

And you want the wiki structure to reflect the TOC of this big
document?

--

/Peter Kindström