[Typo3-doc] Problems around the writing process

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Nov 24 21:29:14 CET 2004

>>> I'm not sure if anyone has tried take what we have in the docMatrix
>>> and put it in one big document and restructer if from that point of
>>> vies. I can't see that in the current structure or any of the
>>> onesthat were proposed.
>

> Now I get a little disappointed...  ;-)
> Because this is *exactly* what I have been trying to do from the very
> beginning!

Although I didn't have much against your structure I didn't see that you
involved the whole docMatrix in it with having one big document in mind.
It looked to me that you came up with a whole new idea where the
existing docs didn't have much place in them.

And you got a lot of reflections on your structure from people about not
being very user friendly. I personally didn't see much of a problem but
that doesn't mean that there was or was not.

And, the people who complained don't seem to be around anymore or are
just monitoring the NG.

> And I think that if you look at my first wiki structure or the Overall
> Document Structure page
> (http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Overall_document_structure) you can see
> that most documents (except extensions documents) are there! And they
> are structured!

I can't remember that structure. The one I had in mind looked much
different. So maybe that was created after I stopped taking part in that
structuring process.

After all, It doesn't really matter what we do as long as it serves. The
idea to create a new structure with the existing documents is not new
it's just what we can do right away before writing a lot of new docs. I
can see that it does make sense to keep all the docs in  the docMatrix
and only kick the ones out that are old.

Also, when I said to have one big document I didn't mean it the way you
proposed as seen by klicking the above link. This is some structure with
links to documents. What I'm proposing is to create a whole new big
document where it seems that everything that is apart now is together.

Maybe that is a bad idea but in my mind it would make a more put
together picture and give more stability.

Jean-Marie