[Typo3-doc] [Structure] (WSOA)

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Nov 24 21:16:59 CET 2004

>> I'm not sure if anyone has tried take what we have in the docMatrix and
>> put it in one big document and restructer if from that point of vies. I
>> can't see that in the current structure or any of the onesthat were
>> proposed.
>

> Yes I did in fact:  :-)
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Document_Matrix
>
> But as Peter and me were the only who seemed interested in the structure
> it hasn't progressed since I changed the Wiki Main_Page.

I personally decided long ago that I will not take part in the
structuring process because I realized that this job has to be done by
one or two people and only by those.

Once the structure is done I should be run by Kasper and some other main
figures in TYPO3 first to get a initial feedback. Only then I would
first the docTeam and then anybody else.

I know it sounds not very democratic but I do believe that  voiting in
that particular case dosn't help us much since there are so many
opinions. I trust that a handfull very involved guys should be capable
to decide for all of us.

>> Maybe it's worth structuring the docMatrix first (and only the
>> docMatrix) before do anything else.
>

> Yes, it's a good point.
>
> The structure must be chunked into part:
>
> docMatrix = official document
> Extension = extension documentation
>
> Extensions haven't any place in the docMatrix, they should have their
> own sub structure.

I think that is a good idea since there seems to be a strong need for that.

Jean-Marie