[Typo3-doc] [Structure] (WSOA)

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Wed Nov 24 16:39:03 CET 2004

Hi,

This thread come from the post:
> [Typo3-doc] Problems around the writing process
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-documentation/2004-November/001087.html

Is about TYPO3 Documentation structure and Wiki Structure.

The documentation structure seems the key problem of TYPO3 documentation.
How to find the good one ?
Why information are spread in multiple document ?
etc.

> [Structure]
>
> I think most of us agree that the docMatrix structure is not ideal and
> we need another one. A lot of work has been put in such a structe but
> none of the proposed ones have lasted long.

Yes, your right, the docMatrix must be updated and revised.
We haven't any good structure fro the moment. In fact I can explain it
by the youth of the DocTEAM.

The Wiki and the ML started recently (June 2004). Now people have tools
to contact us and sharing there opinion with us.

> I'm not sure if anyone has tried take what we have in the docMatrix and
> put it in one big document and restructer if from that point of vies. I
> can't see that in the current structure or any of the onesthat were
> proposed.

Yes I did in fact:  :-)
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Document_Matrix

But as Peter and me were the only who seemed interested in the structure
it hasn't progressed since I changed the Wiki Main_Page.

Now, I hope Peter will join our team officially and start importing his
effort in the TYPO3Wiki as the «Structure master». ;-)

> Maybe it's worth structuring the docMatrix first (and only the
> docMatrix) before do anything else.

Yes, it's a good point.

The structure must be chunked into part:

docMatrix = official document
Extension = extension documentation

Extensions haven't any place in the docMatrix, they should have their
own sub structure.

Other content may be structured as well.

And we should put a bigger structure on the top.

We are working on it here:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Document_Matrix

officially since November 13th 2004.
--