[Typo3-doc] [Translation]

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Nov 24 19:36:16 CET 2004

> As Peter say, I still disagree.

And I think is perfectly fine to disagree. I can honor your opinion and
hope that my own experience with tranlsation will not be repeated
(although I strongly doubt that).

> I can't admit I must stop someone effort just because the document is
> not ready. I can't say: «no, you must do it in english first....»

Only if that person has a good enough english. Otherwise, I think we
should be able to find another job that the volunteer is happy to take on.

I'm thinking about redesigning the documentations to a new design
concept. Converting documents from docMatrix to Wiki and back etc. Not
language related at all.

Of course, there will be people that say I only want to translate into
<language> nothing else. I say, that's not reason enough to take on the
problem of translation in total.

There are so many reasons against any translation I would write for a
very long time. In the business world it's not expensive because the
tranlators earn a lot of money but because it is so time consuming and
very much error sensitive.

Jean-Marie