[Typo3-doc] [german] Ich habe angefangen mit dem Wiki zu testen

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Nov 17 23:35:52 CET 2004

> Even if Thomas is not a native German speaker, he can be teamed with
> native ones.

And what should that accomplish?

> Instead of frighting him with his German level, you should have offering
> him some help...

Yes, it is hard to discourage somebody who wants to offer help but isn't
it also the job of the docTeam to  make sure the quality is ok?

I'm not saying that Thomas wouldn't be up for the task. I can't judge
that. But there is an unwritten 'rule' about translation. Only somebody
who is native to the destination language can translate. The only
exceptions would be people who studied that language (for years) or are
professional programmers.

Also, proposing that Thomas should do the translation and somebody else
can look it over is risky. Depending on the quality of the translation
the reviewer has to write the whole thing completely new.

[snip]

Sorry Thomas. I don't mean to offend in any way I just want to take that
discussion the clear some things up.

I have some experience in translation and had to watch whole books being
thrown away just because the person who translated wans't native or was
native but not good enough in his own language.

[/snip]

If we must translate at all then we should make sure that nobody has to
work just for fun. It's better to be honest right away and try to focus
the ovious energy to something more produtive.

Jean-Marie