[Typo3-doc] IMPORTANT: new DocTEAM leader discussion / vote

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Fri Nov 12 00:05:36 CET 2004

Hi Peter and all T3-Doc reader,

Peter Kindström wrote:
>> The DocTEAM leader job is not to delete the job done by others, but to
>> coordinate the effort of each group of writer.
> Yes, but *someone* has to keep an eye on new pages and *maybe* moving
> them to a better place in the structure.

I'm perfectly agree with you. But this «someone» is not obviously the
DocTEAM leader himself, right ?

>> The Wiki structure will be affected to the «Documentation Roadmap»
>> group, I think.
> Hmmm, I believe a documentation roadmap is some sort of "work plan" for
> the DocTeam.

Sorry, I've a lot of difficulty to really taste this term «Roadmap».

> Something like: http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation_Roadmap

Yes, this document sounds like a plan. But the Roadmap definition group
goals «Project: Documentation Roadmap»

http://typo3.org/projects/teams-and-projects/?no_cache=1&tx_extrepmgm_pi1%5BprojUid%5D=21

Sounds more like a documentation structure, which should become Wiki
structure, now.

> It has nothing to do with organising the documents.

The plan, no. It's about organizing the effort.

But your definition:

> It should show what documents should be produced/changed/delete and
> what other activities the DocTeam should  carry out.

Match also structuring the documentation, right ?

[deleting structure]
> Of course not. I had "my" first wiki Main page just move without further
> notice because "it was the wiki way".

Yes, but your work was also restored. :-)

> On the other hand, we can not always let everyone make their own wiki
> page and put it whereever he likes in the structure! Noone benefits from
> that, either.

No, that's true, you're right.
That's why the DocTEAM is keeping a eye over the wiki every day.

> We *can* both have control and freedom in the same wiki!

Yes, certainly.
--
Regards,
Sylvain Viart -- TYPO3 DocTEAM.