[Typo3-doc] IMPORTANT: new DocTEAM leader discussion / vote

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Nov 11 21:33:26 CET 2004

Hi,
> The DocTEAM leader job is not to delete the job done by others, but to
> coordinate the effort of each group of writer.

Yes, but *someone* has to keep an eye on new pages and *maybe*
moving them to a better place in the structure.

> In the current DocTEAM definition we have many subgroup.
> http://typo3.org/projects/teams-and-projects/#team_2
>
> The Wiki structure will be affected to the «Documentation Roadmap»
> group, I think.

Hmmm, I believe a documentation roadmap is some sort of "work
plan" for the DocTeam. It should show what documents should be
produced/changed/delete and what other activities the DocTeam
should carry out. Something like:
   http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation_Roadmap

It has nothing to do with organising the documents.

> The DocTEAM's behavior is based on an open professional mind. I don't
> think we could encourage members and contributors by deleting their work
> without discussion.

Of course not. I had "my" first wiki Main page just move without
further notice because "it was the wiki way". I was not very
happy and don´t want to do that to anyone else!

> As all of us are here for free, it's really important to keep a good
> relationship between each other. And the DocTEAM leader need to have
> that in mind all the time. So he can always be positive and drive the
> effort of a motivated team.

On the other hand, we can not always let everyone make their own
wiki page and put it whereever he likes in the structure! Noone
benefits from that, either.

My idea of something in between is to have this official Typo3
documentation where the DocTeam "rules". But in the rest of the
wiki there are more freedom (to a certain point, of course).

In that way we could offer more "controlled" documentation to
the great majority of visitors but still let writers make
special / alternate wiki pages.

We *can* both have control and freedom in the same wiki!

--

/Peter Kindström