[Typo3-doc] IMPORTANT: new DocTEAM leader discussion / vote

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Wed Nov 10 20:29:21 CET 2004

Hi Franz,

I'm not Peter and I can't answer for him. But I hope the structure will
not be delete from one day to another. :-)

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> Peter Kindström schrieb:
>>> Who will be the next TYPO3 DocTEAM leader ?
>>
>> things I want to do as a DocTeam leader:
>> 1. Typo3 official documentation
>> 2. Documentation structure
>
> Hi Peter,
> when someone votes for you, will this mean that the current wiki
> structure will be destroyed or 2 concurrent wiki structures will exist?

The DocTEAM leader job is not to delete the job done by others, but to
coordinate the effort of each group of writer.

In the current DocTEAM definition we have many subgroup.
http://typo3.org/projects/teams-and-projects/#team_2

The Wiki structure will be affected to the «Documentation Roadmap»
group, I think.

We can have 2, or more, documents *view*, of course. And in fact I think
it's needed. Because people are not seeking in the documentation the
same way. We should have many path to the same document.

> I think it might sometimes be hard, if an article has to be split into
> topics for users, administrators and developers.
> Will there be a discussion about this, before the current structure will
> get deleted?

The DocTEAM's behavior is based on an open professional mind. I don't
think we could encourage members and contributors by deleting their work
without discussion.

As all of us are here for free, it's really important to keep a good
relationship between each other. And the DocTEAM leader need to have
that in mind all the time. So he can always be positive and drive the
effort of a motivated team.
--
Regards,
Sylvain Viart -- TYPO3 DocTEAM.