[Typo3-doc] ref Table formating discussion

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Thu Nov 11 19:17:15 CET 2004

>>> Yes that's a kind of answer, but we are not on the same point. :-)
>>> I will try to find a good book example.
>

> Here it is ! (see attachment)
>
>  From JavaScript Pocket Reference, 2nd Edition, O'Reilly.
> It's a copyrighted content, do not reuse.
>
> They didn't use a table for presenting reference in their JavaScript
> Object. May be it can inspire us ?

This is pretty much what I was talking about. I realize I should have
specified that in print design a table doesn't necessarly include fram
or border.

>> I don't expect it to be any better and it seems to work for most guys.
>
> Are you sure ?
> They do because it's that or nothing, no ?
>
>>> And we have a bunch of this data already in the doc that might
>>> benefit from an enhancement.

Personally, I'm more concerned about getting the documentations to a
point where the information that's in it can be found. Of course, design
is important but structure even more.

If we can find a way how to change all the tables with a tool like you
did to import SXW to Wiki than I'm up for it. But doin it by hand? No
thanks.

> If we change the reference presenting way. We will enhance the document
> readability for many document, right ?
>
> Do you start to understand my point, about the nightmare of TYPO3
> reference table formating ?

It might be a nightmare to you. I can live with it because it contains
the information that it needs.

Jean-Marie