[Typo3-documentation] New wiki structure

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Thu Jun 24 07:15:24 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I finally read all the message I received from this list. :-)

I'm a member of the documentation project, since November 2003, but
curiously I discovered this mailinglist recently. :-(

In December 2003, I've setup a mailing list too, but it wasn't at the
right place, nor DocTEAM member were ready enough to use it.

Never mind, I'm ok with that. :-)

But, as my other « community » activities, I see a lack of internal
communication. :-\

The person, who setup this list, should have subscribed all
documentation's people listed on the documentation project page.

<http://typo3.org/projects/teams-and-projects/#team_2>

Someone has written that he discovered the DocTEAM server !
Patrick Gaumond wrote :
« The wiki for myself is a discovery. We're on something here! »

ALARM is ringing !

We should work as team, as our name suggest it. ;-)
That means that people must be kept informed of our work. I mean DocTEAM
members.

TYPO3 end users will *see* our work, when good available documentation
will be published.

As we exchanged at the beginning, with Patrick Gaumond, we should not
publish our work too fast, nor be in the front of the scene. Simply
because the users will ask us to much question.

Such question should be posted on the english newsgroup, in my opinion.

We are documentation writer, not hotline support !
Just to be clear. ;-)
It's a complement, I agree.

What we need to successfully reach our objective is :

- Some good internal communication tools

For me this list is perfect, for that.

Plus, we also need to keep track of all collaborative work.
wiki.typo3.org and docteam.typo3.org are the good places to document our
internal progress.

Wiki is for work in progress. DocTEAM's site is where people should be
directed if they want to join the DocTEAM. Where all communication path
about documentation should be listed. Where all documentation production
process should be written.

The content of « About the Documentation » is a good example.
<http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/About_the_Documentation>

- A publishing process for the documentation

For example :
  Wiki -> SWX -> docteam.typo3.org -> proofreader -> typo3.org

Note, the server docteam.typo3.org, could be a set of page directly
under typo3.org tree. But for stability and access reasons is good to
keep it separated.

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> We should be able to promote the Wiki at greater scale next Monday...
>
> Opinions ?

Mine, see above. ;-)
Should enduser, be invited to see work in progress ?

It's opensource, so it should be.

But people here are also professional, TYPO3 isn't amateur friendly. ;-)
So we should also work as professional, and not showing our
« unfinished work », too quickly.

Yes, some document are /ready/, ok, let's go to the next publishing
process step.

Sorry I've not read all wiki.typo3.org yet. I may have missed something
already discussed. Please point me the URL if there is some. :-)
--
Cordialement,
Sylvain.