[Typo3-documentation] New wiki structure

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Tue Jun 22 19:36:08 CEST 2004

> Yesterday I started to implement the new document structure on the
> wiki´s first page. But I cant decide which of two alternatives we should
> use:

Starts looking good. :-)

> - Project oriented
> - User oriented

I like the project oriented document structure for users too since they
clearly see what is going on and can decide for themselves. Why not be
open and show the progress. If they don't need it they'll skip it.

> So I have two questions I like to share with you:
>
> 1. Are we going to use the wiki just when updating / working on new
> documents and then move the information to SXW? (Either by hand or
> automatically.)

I only see SXW as the format for people to be able to doewnload the
information, read it offline or print it out.

> 2. Maybe we could have the Project oriented structure on the wiki and
> the User oriented on typo3.org? That, I think, would be the best
> solution. (It still presumes that wiki info gets moved to SXW.)

I would stick with one system. So much easier to handle.

> Personally I like to see the wiki as a place were projects are placed.
> When the project is done (the document is produced/updated) information
> is transferred to typo3.org and the wiki pages deleted. What do YOU think?

Why transfer it at all? Like we have links in the wiki to the existing
documents at typo3.org it can be linked back to wiki if there is no such
document at typo3.org

Once the wiki2SXW conversion works and we know how to write wiki pages
so that the SXW documents turn out as readable and printable documents,
like they are now at typo3.org, we should give wiki the honor of the
future document plattform.

Jean-Marie