[Typo3-documentation] New wiki structure

Peter Kindström peter289 at telia.com
Tue Jun 22 17:48:57 CEST 2004

Hi all!
Yesterday I started to implement the new document structure on
the wiki´s first page. But I cant decide which of two
alternatives we should use:

- Project oriented
If you click on "Installation documents" you come to a page that
is project oriented. You clearly see which documents are done,
in progress, wished and so on. This is the way I first wanted to
implement the structure, but...

- User oriented
For a user seeking information the above described structure is
to cluttered. They dont care about whishlists and outdated
documents. They want a clean structure like when you click on
"Administrator Tutorials".

So I have two questions I like to share with you:

1. Are we going to use the wiki just when updating / working on
new documents and then move the information to SXW? (Either by
hand or automatically.)

2. Maybe we could have the Project oriented structure on the
wiki and the User oriented on typo3.org? That, I think, would be
the best solution. (It still presumes that wiki info gets moved
to SXW.)

Personally I like to see the wiki as a place were projects are
placed. When the project is done (the document is
produced/updated) information is transferred to typo3.org and
the wiki pages deleted. What do YOU think?

/Peter Kindström