[Typo3-documentation] Vision

Peter Kindström peter289 at telia.com
Mon Jun 21 19:24:28 CEST 2004

> NOT CLEAR YET
> The recent discussion in the dev ML shows me that it is not clear yet if
> our efforts are appreciated and actually helping the community. I like
> to have an idea if we are on the right track in the eyes of the whole
> community or if we just exercise for fun here.

I think we always have to be aware of that there is a great risk
that our work is not appreciated by the community or - more
important - by Kasper.

I think I will form my own goals on this one:

I want to be able to sell TYPO3 here in Sweden, but I want to
sell a system that the customer CAN take care about himself if
he wants to. Of course I want him to hire my as a consultant,
but I dont want to _force_ him to because I sold him a deficient
system. (Now I get the whole community against me!  :-))

So my personal goals for contributing to the community are:

1. To get easy to find, good enought documentation to install
and administer a TYPO3 web site.

2. To get extensions that work out-of-the-box. I am not that
good at programming, so this one maybe will be done by having my
own "repository" with good, working extensions. And I probably
have to write better documentation for some to them...  :-)

> VISION
> As Kasper wrote in his e-mail about CSH there is a vision to be followed
> and although the Wiki might not be the best solution right now it still
> could be goal to focus on.

I think CSH is for the User documentation. But there still be
Admin docs that would not fit into CSH (like User management,
templates, menues, TS-configuring and things like that).

And we probably want to have the tutorial separate too. And all
that non-CSH documentation I think is best handled on the wiki,
right now.

The risk is that what we do on the wiki is not approved by
Kasper/the community and therefor the wiki and typo3.org is not
syncronised. But hopefully we can "join forces"...

> I am a realist. I will take month and years to get the documentations to
> the level where they should be. But like with everything else. It's
> worth to start so and end is possible.

As long as we dont get "the big guys" against us, I will try to
hold on! I can be quite stubborn if I want to.  :-)

And I really think Typo3 is a great CMS with great potentional.
It just needs a little more focus on the users!

/Peter