Collaborative SXW process, part II [was: Re: [Typo3-documentation] Wiki or SXW]

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Sat Jun 19 23:32:07 CEST 2004

> Since this can parse OOo documents preserving the structure, they
> could be imported into an editable format. Then one could work on this
> and even fetch the contents as an OOo document afterwards.

As I understand it we would be able to take the whole document structure
that exist at typo3.org in the doucument matrix and import all the SXW
as one big document in the BE of Typo3?

Then with user management and permissions we could set up a group taking
care of the documents online like they would take care of content?

Well, wouldn't that be nice?

Then Wiki to SXW shouldn't be a problem since Wiki exports to XML. Maybe
it shouldn't wait till some sponsors are found. Maybe it is in the best
interest of the Typo3 comunity to finish the development for
documentation purposes?

> So if anybody who talks to a customer the next time would propose
> this, and tell them that this may lead to better documentation and
> even integrated online help - this may bring up enough sponsors to
> finish this in the near future...

I certainly keep that in mind. Maybe I get lucky...

Jean-Marie