[Typo3-documentation] Let's get started

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Mon Jun 14 18:00:50 CEST 2004

Hello Patrick Gaumond

> I've spent about an hour with Kasper at the last TYPO3BOARD discussing T3
> documentation. His main concern was that we throw away his doc just for the
> fun of it... He's pretty open to anything, as long as it helps. As he
> already said, he doesn't need documentation for himself...

I don't think that we should take it lightly to throw away anything and
yet why should Kasper have to focus on docs (unless nobody else
understands, of course)?

> Good structure as always is a plus.  ; )

I agree..

> There's a small comment about Wiki and install doc.
>

> I just want to let you know that I'm not playing the "I'm the leader" here.

Don't worry. I don't mind.

> Ok? I just want to be in the loop and my last wish is to spoil documentation
> effort!

Great. I think we need more people on this just to get a good head start.

> So, is it realistic to do a "shared" section for TYPO3 installation? If so,
> a one-doc seems a better thing...

I think it is realistic. So far I wasn't sure about how to share the
documentation. But I just played with wiki.typo3.org (see 'the
structure') and I must say I start to like it a lot.

I acknowledged Peters structure and broke up my install doc draft (see
structure of Typo3 Installation Basics).

> > In my view, the Wiki is not the final doc but a bit like the blueprint area.
> Once there's enough information and the structure is viable, someone take
> the lead of putting it all in a nice standard OOo file to submit to
> typo3.org.

Why not keep it on Wiki? Maybe the developers come up with an idea how
to convert the Wiki into PDF? Just a thought.

Jean-Marie