[Typo3-documentation] Let's get started

Peter Kindstr”m peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sun Jun 13 23:14:51 CEST 2004

Hi again!
> 1. Kasper, I assume you still prefer the 1-install-doc conzept?

Who is in charge of this document? And who is in charge of the
documentation structure?

Not to be rude, but do we always have to get permission from
Kasper when we want to do something like this? Even if "we" take
over writing/handling the document?

> 3. Wiki seems to be a fast way to build up a a knowledge base.
> The question here is who will strucutre the information and how.

I dont think this is a problem, because I see a wiki as a
complement to the documentation - not an substitute! If there
are good information on the wiki, we should copy that into the
documentation.

If we dont, then newbies really are getting a hard time looking
for answers - documentation, FAQs, mailing lists _and_ wiki.

> 4. Should more than one person write on a documentation? If yes,
> how? Is somebody going to help us setting up such a team system?

I think one editor per document is easiest to handle. But that
does not work if the document gets soo big that not a single
person can have the knowledge of all the subjects in the doc...

> 6. What about the videos. Do you think, a written documentation
> is needed when we could make a video?

Yes, mostly because not everyone can download videos and that I
dont think videos are good as references. But as tutorials they
are great!