[Typo3-documentation] New item up for vote on Document Team Meeting page

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Sat Jul 31 18:59:51 CEST 2004

Here is what I think we really should settle on. A few simple rules,
nothing more nothing less.

1) Changes like additions, corrections and clarifications are welcome.

2) Any changes should be an improvement to achieve the overall goal.

3) No major structural changes are to be made without the approval of
the docTeam.

4) If in doubt, ask the main editor. If there is no main editor, ask the
docTeam.

------------------

Then a few goals:

1) *Readability:* A TYPO3 documentation should be easy to read and easy
to understand. It should be concise, allowing the reader to get the most
information in a short amount of time. Use few words!

2) *Accessability:* A TYPO3 documentation should be understood by more
than just administrators and developers. Newbies, though they have to
bring some knowledge about web technologies with them, should find an
easy access to TYPO3 thanks to the documentations. *They should find
access to the world of TYPO3*.

3) *Structure:* The structure of TYPO3 documentation should make it easy
to find information. The overall structure (the structure amonge all
documentations) should be problem oriented. The internal structure
(inside each document) should be tutorial oriented. Referencial
documentation cannot and shouldn't follow those guidlines  though they
should still be structured.

-------------------

I believe with those rules and goals we have the basics for what we need
to start our journey towards the goal I think we all agree on without
any oposition.

------------------

@Peter and @Jonathan

Assuming you would agree, would you create a link on the main page? for
such an article than contains those rules/goals?  It shouldn't be at the
very beginning but at the beginning of docTeam realted links.

Let's vote

To make it quick and dirty. Let's vote right now on those rules/goals
without any more bells and whistles. Whoever is around. If it has to be
changed later, so be it.

Jean-Marie