[Typo3-documentation] New Main page

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Fri Jul 30 20:32:41 CEST 2004

> Peter - I'd be interested in hearing your (and others) opinion on my
> proposed structure for handling, documenting, and implementing questions
> just like these! In fact, if I had them when I created my sample page I
> would have used them!  :-)

You asked for it!  :-)

I have followed all your postings with interest. In general I
think your suggestions are in the right direction for the
DocTEAM and wiki work.

But I also think your suggestions sometimes is too "strict" (and
too wordy :-) ). Sometimes they demand quite a lot of work to be
done before anything can happen. But I guess they are to be
considered as drafts, so that can be fixed I believe!?

Another point is that I think it will be difficult to get the NG
to accept them. I think many people that stay in the Typo3
community do it because of the freedom to do what they want. And
the wiki is really something for them! I with this you try to
rescrict them with boring, "unnecessary" rules!  ;-)

But maby we could decide to use the way of working, but then
just implement in under a longer period of time? Just to see if
it works and if people will accept?

I am thinking about not taking active part in the DocTEAM or the
wiki progress anymore. But anyway I will stay in the newsgroup
and join (enjoy!) the discussions. So I support you if you want
to push this, but just by agree with you in writing and of
course help you with the finishing touch!

And I will add your ideas to my own wiki! Hope that is ok?

(The first questions to vote about is:
  - Should we use this method?
  - How should DocTEAM members be elected?
  - Election of DocTEAM members.)

--

/Peter Kindström