[Typo3-documentation] New Main page

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Fri Jul 30 19:12:59 CEST 2004

>> Looks good to me. Does Peter know. Have you guys settled on a
>> compromise or something. I must have missed it.
>>
>> I'm asking because Peter put a lot of work in the structure and I
>> don't want it to be dismissed  that easy.
>
> Sorry, i dont know about the "lists-hierarchy" actually, actually i

There is no actual hierarchy.

> didnt ask peter anymore (besides you read on the list). But since there
> was a lot of good feedback on my suggestion i just did it.

That's ok. You left the old structure, so nothing is lost.

> Also i think its in general not "Wiki-Style" to ask some certain people about
> changing things (in this case its a bit different but i hope you know
> what i mean ;)

That depends on what subject. We are not talking about changing some
text in an article. That I think not many would mind. In this case we
are talking about the structure.

I don't think it would be appreciated if you changed the structure of
wikipedia.org, would it?

Same thing would be if somebody new came, not knowing what has discussed
before and just change everything around in the Basic Installation
Documentation. I wouldn't really be happy.

Just to make it clear. I'm not saying that you did something wrong or so
or that everything has to be asked first (because then we get nowhere)
but in case of structural changes I would expect one of those settlements.

As far as I'm concerned it is up to you and Peter and whoever wants to
have a say in this. I can work with whatever.

Jean-Marie