[Typo3-documentation] wiki main page - best practice sections

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Fri Jul 30 02:46:45 CEST 2004

Rene Suthoelder wrote:

> peter,
>
> you could replace the term "best practice" by "recommended procedure
> doing/achieving this and that".
> of course, best practice articles could also be part of normal
> documentation.
>
> as a newbie user, reading the documentation i would look for those articles
> to see what the typo3 professionals would do: choosing a server hardware,
> choosing a operation system, recomended installation, security guidelines,
> building multilanguage sites ...
>
> does it make sense?
>
> rene
>

> "Peter Kindström" <peter.kindstrom at abc.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1091113438.4503.typo3-project-documentation at lists.netfielders.de...
>

>>Hmmm, I don´t get it. What do you mean by "best practice"?
>>
>>Is it something independent from other documents? Or should it
>>be inside the normal documentation?
>>
>>Will there be many?

I'm very interested in this topic. There are many practices/procedures
that are useful in larger tutorials or are embedded in tutorials but
generally useful. Are these practices more like mini-howto
documents--I'm thinking of Linux here? Are these practices more like
FAQs? Perhaps what is needed is a good index to the tutorials and
documents so that it is easier to find these golden nuggests.