[Typo3-documentation] Let's start filling some content!

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Thu Jul 29 09:47:54 CEST 2004

> #1.) Where do I add this to the Wiki?  There is seemingly no obvious place
> to add this to the "Documentation Guide" setup by Johannes (which I agree
> seems like a great structure to fill in!) And if I go to the Administrator
> Tutorials, the MTB document is "Finished" (appears to me like "no more info
> needed") -- clicking on the link, I get the document currently in the
> Document Matrix... so do I "annotate" this document?

It says existing/finished documents and if you click on it you realize
that you are redirected to the existing documents at typo3.org.

If you feel you have nothing to add to those documents, find something
else to work on.

Otherwise start with a new Wiki article under 'Documents in progress'.

> #2.) Assuming that I resolve *where* to put my correction/addition to the
> code, who is available from this team or another team to verify that my
> *fix* isn't something that only made it work for me, or to validate that it
> is in fact a problem or change that needs to be made?

We all are... And also the main editor. If you add/correct withing the
Basic Installation, where I am the main editor, I will have a look at
it. But others will too, and will correct your work if needed.

I know it takes some getting used to work with the Wiki but you'll end
up loving it like most of us. I'm pretty sure of that.

sylvain posted two links that help you with writing on the Wiki. That
should be enough to start.

> #3.) If I follow through with my suggestions from my earlier posts, it is
> unclear where I should actually place these... since I only saw one vote
> *for* my (perhaps overly structured) vision ... my guess is I will need to
> create my own wiki, and document repository.. which is the way I'm leaning
> now...

If you want to do that, go ahead. My opinion... Waste of time. Put your
energy in wiki.typo3.org, put your thoughts into action and stop
contemplating or trying. If it's not good enough, people will help you
improve, very much like Jonathan and Ingmar don't like Peter's structure
and Jonathan came up with his own. Time will tell which one will be the
most useful.

> All of this reminds me of common saying... that if you want an organization
> to go nowhere... run it by committee... :-)

That's right.

> Perhaps what we need as a group is to set up an organizational structure ---
> since nobody likes my long posts, I will start a new thread on this.

I believe we have enough organizational structure for now as I'm trying
to tell for several posts now.

Jean-Marie