[Typo3-documentation] Let's start filling some content!

Coby Pachmayr coby at _remove_ideaspring.com
Thu Jul 29 12:27:22 CEST 2004

> It says existing/finished documents and if you click on it you realize
> that you are redirected to the existing documents at typo3.org.
>
> If you feel you have nothing to add to those documents, find something
> else to work on.
>
> Otherwise start with a new Wiki article under 'Documents in progress'.

I apologize for the misunderstanding... I meant that "Finished" seems to
indicate that whoever put it there, thinks it is done, so "please don't add
anything else".  Not that I didn't think I had anything to add to it.  My
point being that if it were Wiki, I could more easily post my comments about
it.

> > #2.) Assuming that I resolve *where* to put my correction/addition to
the
> > code, who is available from this team or another team to verify that my
> > *fix* isn't something that only made it work for me, or to validate that
it
> > is in fact a problem or change that needs to be made?
>
> We all are... And also the main editor. If you add/correct withing the
> Basic Installation, where I am the main editor, I will have a look at
> it. But others will too, and will correct your work if needed.

Okay... hopefully than I or anyone else will not be *flamed* if we make a
mistake in our additions/corrections... especially if they go "live" once we
make the edits.

> I know it takes some getting used to work with the Wiki but you'll end
> up loving it like most of us. I'm pretty sure of that.

I already do love Wiki!! You are right.  I am using it now... so you win on
that one! :-)

> sylvain posted two links that help you with writing on the Wiki. That
> should be enough to start.
>
> > #3.) If I follow through with my suggestions from my earlier posts, it
is
> > unclear where I should actually place these... since I only saw one vote
> > *for* my (perhaps overly structured) vision ... my guess is I will need
> > create my own wiki, and document repository.. which is the way I'm
leaning
> > now...
>
> If you want to do that, go ahead. My opinion... Waste of time. Put your
> energy in wiki.typo3.org, put your thoughts into action and stop
> contemplating or trying. If it's not good enough, people will help you
> improve, very much like Jonathan and Ingmar don't like Peter's structure
> and Jonathan came up with his own. Time will tell which one will be the
> most useful.

Again, ack that you win on this one... I'm putting stuff on the Wiki now...
just hope we can get rid of the annoying "You must setup the wiki first"
message. :-(

> > All of this reminds me of common saying... that if you want an
organization
> > to go nowhere... run it by committee... :-)
>
> That's right.
>
> > Perhaps what we need as a group is to set up an organizational
structure ---
> > since nobody likes my long posts, I will start a new thread on this.
>
> I believe we have enough organizational structure for now as I'm trying
> to tell for several posts now.

Yes... but they don't necessarily meet what I see to be other potential
problems... which you can read about by following the link below!  ;-)

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation_Process_-_Problems_and_Resolutions

I wish you had told me to start using the wiki earlier!  :-)  Just kidding!