[Typo3-documentation] Short response... I promise! :-)

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Jul 28 20:38:51 CEST 2004

> > I'm sure that many print the documentation so they can easily have it in
> > front of them in hard-copy while working on the screen in TYPO3 trying
out
> > the tutorials etc.  Maybe I'm the only one? :-)
>
> I think we all agree on that! I have printed most of the non
> extension documents by now...

<kidding mode>
Sorry? - This is the 21st century.
There is no need for printed documentation if you own a PC or notebook.
Reading printed paper takes too much time since there are no hyperlinks or
search functions that take you directly to the chapter you've been looking
for.

And the most important thing:
You can't do cut & paste between paper and TYPO3-backend. (Well, you can do
that but the monitor will look ugly with all the paper snippets on it ...)

;-)
</kidding mode>

I never printed any of the docs ...
I use my PC, MSIE, Google, Acrobat Reader and sometimes the windows notepad
(to cut & paste without formatting-tags) but definitely NO paper.

But you are right:
The Wiki itself seems kind of weird and orderless since everybody can write
what he/she likes.
This is one of the reasons why I didn't publish anything in the Wiki yet
even though Patrick asked me to add some menu-related docs.
It's simply foreign to my way of working and not easy to get used to.

What I like is the way TSref and other docs are displayed on typo3.org.
Straight and simple. Very well structured.
And what I like most: Only one person writes the doc and other people can
make annotations without permission to change the doc itself.

Joey