[Typo3-documentation] Don't know how this will go over...

Coby Pachmayr coby at _remove_ideaspring.com
Wed Jul 28 18:19:39 CEST 2004

> You're absolutely right. There are not many that respond and I don't
> blame them. Just following the NG for a few weeks I get tired reading
> the same questions over and over again.

Yeah! We agree! :-)

> That's why I started to take those questions, ask people to write the
> solution in the Wiki and whenever the question comes up again just point
> to the Wiki with a link.
>
> Funny enough I haven't had anybody who wasn't willing to contribute a
> little bit by writing an article about their problem and solution in the
> Wiki because they could do it in maybe half an hour or an hour. And
> whenever a new sideffect of the same problem comes up, the article can
> be extended.

I think we (myself included) may need to "push" Wiki more... it wasn't until
recently that I came across messages that tipped me off to the fact there
even was a Wiki started.  The main three pages I go to... typo3.org -->
Documentation --> Documentation Matrix.  Unless I'm missing something,
there's no mention -- I assume because it is in early stages.

Of course when I finally got the Wiki, my first thought was... oh great!
(sarcastically) now I have another source that I have to check besides all
the others!  And now I have to figure out posting to the Wiki on top of
learning Typo3?  Thank goodness it has the format icons... better than old
way of Wiki-ing.