[Typo3-documentation] Don't know how this will go over...

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Jul 28 13:55:22 CEST 2004

  I think it is a function of what I meant above -- those who are not
having a
> problem don't necessarily go to the newsgroups to "answer questions"...
> people are probably there because they themselves have a problem-- though
> there are a few who take the time to respond if they know the answer to
> someone elses problem.  And I am sure there are a few who volunteer, and are
> just there to see if they can help... but I am sure this is the minority of
> people participating in the group.

You're absolutely right. There are not many that respond and I don't
blame them. Just following the NG for a few weeks I get tired reading
the same questions over and over again.

That's why I started to take those questions, ask people to write the
solution in the Wiki and whenever the question comes up again just point
to the Wiki with a link.

Funny enough I haven't had anybody who wasn't willing to contribute a
little bit by writing an article about their problem and solution in the
Wiki because they could do it in maybe half an hour or an hour. And
whenever a new sideffect of the same problem comes up, the article can
be extended.

Jean-Marie