[Typo3-documentation] Don't know how this will go over...

Coby Pachmayr coby at _remove_ideaspring.com
Wed Jul 28 13:04:21 CEST 2004

> Again, you are wrong thinking we are happy with what there is. But so
> far there are just a handful that actually have written something but a
> lot of people that have talked about it.

I know how that is, when people talk, but don't do... so you know... I plan
on doing! :-)  I think the reason this has been the case so far though, is
that veterans or those who "get it" don't need it... the existing docs
*were* fine for them.  And those who don't get, certainly can't (or at least
don't think they can) write on something they don't understand... because if
they understood it there would be no problem. :-) (for them)

> If you all had read the posts in this NG carefully (and I'm not blaming
> you if you haven't because it's a lot to read) that you would know that
> those who actually work on the Wiki and the documentations want to
> improve. It's just not that easy.

Actually... I should have been more specific... I know from *this* newsgroup
that the doc team wants to improve... which is why I wanted to pitch in...
not just complain! :-)  I meant I got that feeling more from reading the

I think it is a function of what I meant above -- those who are not having a
problem don't necessarily go to the newsgroups to "answer questions"...
people are probably there because they themselves have a problem-- though
there are a few who take the time to respond if they know the answer to
someone elses problem.  And I am sure there are a few who volunteer, and are
just there to see if they can help... but I am sure this is the minority of
people participating in the group.