[Typo3-documentation] Wiki: Links to documentation on Typo3.org

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Sun Jul 25 03:51:29 CEST 2004

"Peter Kindström":

> Does that mean you think we should change our goal with the
> wiki? From being a site for creating documentation to being a
> place which guides people to information / documentation about
> Typo3?
>
> As you know by now, I am not interested in making a wiki that is
> a substitute for typo3.org documentation pages or has total
> freedom...

First, we can't (and I don't want to) deny all documentation already made !

The main complain about TYPO3 doc is that it's  too scattered. Then it's
"Wiki to the rescue!".

A recent exemple I crossed yesterday while reading Inside TYPO3 is that
there's a full chapter (chapter 3.9) on security buried into that document
and to me 3.9.2 belongs to the installation process of TYPO3!

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_inside/Additional_security/

Can we expect someone to find this easily ?

So the Wiki is a tool for writer *and* a clean device to organize/re-think
about what/where/how the info should go.

Patrick