[Typo3-documentation] Extension Documentation

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Jul 21 14:55:34 CEST 2004

Hi all,

>> The solution I saw was, putting a link "Create documentation now!"
>> close to the "No documentation available." text.
>>
>> Then we know that someone cares about the extension manual and not
>> just adds an empty page.

Sorry, I didn´t read your post carefully enought!  :-(
With just a link like this, it maybe would not be so many empty
pages after all...

Jean-Marie and Patrick also liked your idea, so I let this be
enought to satisfy my concern about someone careing about the
pages made!

I just have a few concerns I´d like to share with you before
starting it up:

-- Restrict page creation
Should we show the "Create documentation now!" link only to
visitors that are logged in to typo3.org?

-- Page namnes
I still think the page´s name should NOT be the extension key. I
think the name/header should be "readable" and "understandable"
to humans.
Could we not use the extension name that is displayed as the
header in typo3.org (ie "News" instead of "tt_news")? There are
very few similar names right now (I found two) and I don´t think
this will be a big problem in the future either. (In fact I
think it would be good if we could force developers to give
their extension an unique "readable" name too!)

-- Page template
It also would be nice if the new page would have the extension
manual template included at creation:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Ext_template
Anyone (Sri?) know if that is possible in the wiki?

-- Get new pages into wiki TOC
Can we get a link from the Extension overview page to the
extension wiki page automatically? Probably not, it has to be
made manually, but as long as we can detect that a new page was
made, thats no problem (I can keep out for new extension manual
pages).

-- More links
Is there some sort of author page for extensions on typo3.org?
If there are, I think putting a similar "Create documentation
now!" link on that page would be very useful!

--

/Peter Kindström, DocTEAM