[Typo3-documentation] Extension Documentation

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Sun Jul 25 07:19:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

Peter Kindström wrote:
> Jean-Marie and Patrick also liked your idea, so I let this be enought to
> satisfy my concern about someone careing about the pages made!

I'm also agree to create a « creating "opportunity" » ;-)

With some condition as Peter suggested.

> -- Restrict page creation
> Should we show the "Create documentation now!" link only to visitors
> that are logged in to typo3.org?

Not needed, a TYPO3 guru coming up to install an extension, and time
generous, could paste it's experience, starting the doc before the
plugin's author.

> -- Page names
> I still think the page´s name should NOT be the extension key.[...]
> There are very few similar names right now (I found two) and I don´t
> think this will be a big problem in the future either.

I'm agree with Peter, it should be as readable as possible.

After reading all the thread, my vote about link would be:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/ext/Different_Linklayout

Because I like folders. ;-)

> -- Page template
> It also would be nice if the new page would have the extension manual
> template included at creation: http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Ext_template

Should be really possible, if not, I probably can «trick» it somewhere. :-)

> -- Get new pages into wiki TOC
> Can we get a link from the Extension overview page to the extension wiki
> page automatically?

Idem.

But not on the Main_Page, please !
--