[Typo3-documentation] Wiki: Links to documentation on Typo3.org

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Tue Jul 20 15:21:40 CEST 2004

Hi dudes,

The front page of http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Main_Page has many
links, that just point to finished manuals on Typo3.org.

Why that?

To me that seems rather confusing...
I'd prefer a clean and mean front page having only links to documents
existing IN THE WIKI and HAVING CONTENTS.

Perhaps a seperate page could be dedicated to "missing documents", but
they should IMHO not be mixed with the links to existing documents in
the Wiki.

IMHO having so many links that point to "uninteresting" wiki pages (e.g.
pages just containing links to typo3.org) keeps the users from seeing
the good wiki pages. So if we there would be fewer uninteresting links
on the front page, more people would look at the (few) existing
documents and help improving it.

I think if typo3.org is still the main hub of documentation, the wiki
doesn't have to have links to that.

In my eyes, the Wiki is just a tool to create documentation, and should
not necessarily be the guide in the jungle of Typo3 documentation.

What's your opinion on that?

Excuse me if you've already discussed that, I didn't follow all the
posts in here.

cheers,
Ingmar