[Typo3-documentation] OTB Tutorial

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Wed Jul 7 16:21:01 CEST 2004

"Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >]" <ms at wmdb.de> :

> I want to write "Old-fashioned Template Building".
> Basically this is about to become some sort of Go-Live Tutorial on speed.
> I want to show how to structurize Templates in a folder structure to gain
> better overview.
>
> Did anyone start on that?
> Anyone who want's to help?

Hallo Mathias,

One of the main complain about documentation is that people have to look at
3-4 differents places when working on templates.

My original idea was to centralize Go Live, Templates, TypoScript & beyond,
Template Basics (the one from Marlie), MTB/1, TV knowledge in one place
instead of updating those.

So maybe your OTB is a chapter of such a document.

The other point I had in mind was that navigation is *part* of the same
process hence the proposed name:  Templates & Navigation.

It's ambitious but I think that's what's needed !

My TOC first draft is at:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Templates_%26_Navigation

Patrick