[Typo3-documentation]Different documentation structure suggestion

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Tue Jul 6 19:54:32 CEST 2004

> Wow, the below is an impressive list of documentation that I think would
> certainly help me, and many others. I think that a shift from the 'walk
> me through it and teach me whatever is related along the way' to 'quick,
> precise and to the point reference' documentation is certainly welcome
> for those that feel the step by step documentation is too slow but then
> are lost jumping right into the advanced documentation.

Impressive maybe, but dont hold your breath!  :-) :-)
I hope we can copy much information from the tutorials to the
"reference" documents, but there are still a lot of work to be
done before we are there... And I still dont know if we are the
only ones wanting this "reference" docs?

But I will try...

> I am currently updating to 3.6.1 on OS X and keeping note of the steps,
> so that might turn into a small tutorial for mac users that have PHP and
> MySQL already installed, if you think that would be handy...

You should look at
   http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Typo3_Installation_Basics
and see if Jean-Marie need any help...

/Peter Kindström