[Typo3-doc] hebrew documentation

Zorik Pavlenko zorik at zorik.net
Tue Dec 14 01:09:22 CET 2004

/////////// if this is posted twice - pardon my outlook /////////////

> > I need to generate some help files in hebrew for my users.

> Yes, it fall under what we call Client documentation. We have had a

> recent discussion about that. And the Wiki can host such document. :-)

> > However, the wiki site does not seem functional.

> What is missing ?

It looks like it is under development, unfinished product.

(don't get me wrong - I know it IS unfinished and under development, but
this is not the site I can forward my customer to, because *I* can't find my
way through it, and believe me I have bit more experience then they do) Why?

2 reasons - why should they use wiki if they can find the *same* (plain the
same) info better organized on typo3.org matrix? Notes, like "here we have
to put this" and "there we have to put that" makes anyone lose his way - I
forgot why I came to wiki after 2 clicks :)

> > 2. you suggest some way to publish docs on wiki site and fetch them

> > into my site / my structure

> I don't understand this one, sorry. :-)

I will explain. I have 2 goals - providing info to my customer the easy way
+ contributing to typo3 community and creating something useful not only to
me (with your help of course).

If I cannot direct my customer to your site, so that he could easily find
the info he looks for, I can direct him to my site and provide him easy
navigation.

To reach the second goal - I have to publish documents on wiki or typo3.org.

With excellent CMS TYPO3 I am able to fetch the manuals published on wiki
and show them in my navigation structure (and possibly layout). This is a
bizzare way to do it, but possible, isnt it?

> It should be able to hold Hebrew, also, no ?

> It's may require spacial configuration, like right to left editing ?

Yes, it would require showing *everything* right-to-left. But don't worry -
it will look fine if your design is done 'the right way' (I believe it is,
but I never know till I check)

> What is the topic of TYPO3 covered by your document ?

> --

What I have ready in hand is a full Direct Mailing manual for user. It is
completely different from the english one and little customized too, this is
why I did not publish it on typo3.org.