[Typo3-doc] question about the glossary

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Dec 4 10:32:36 CET 2004

Hi,
> It seems that our problem, with the glossary is now how to transfer it
> into the DB ? right ?

Not a problem, but something to think about.
But the transfer script is just a little part of all this work!
We still do not know how the Glossary extension will work - and
that´s the important thing!

But until we know - lets complete the definitions!

> As you seem interested to help with the Glossary I would like to assign
> you some task related to the Glossary.

Please, could we first decide who is coordinating/leading the
work with the Glossary! The typo3.org project page says:
   Dan Frost (project leader)
   René Fritz
   Andreas Otto

But right now I am the one trying too keep an eye on the
Glossary wiki page, "transfer" definitions into the database,
encourage people to write definitions and be involved in most of
the glossary discussions. But I am not even a member of the
glossary team...  :-)

*But* I don´t care about beeing a part of the team - I only want
to know who is in charge of the Glossary work!

I see we are starting discussions where people have different
opinions. That is great! But we risk ending up in discussions
that never ends...

> Peter and Mark could you exchange your knowledge about the Glossary
> Extension, Database scheme, maintainer, etc. And write a Wiki page about
> that. So I will have all to help you writing importer script and to
> contact maintainer to synchronize our work.

Read this tread:

And if you can figure out what persons are involved (or *should*
be involved) it would be great! I am just confused... :-(

> I could help you to write some transfer script. It's one of my main
> skill in fact: parsing and regular expression. ;-)
>
>> I think that´s the goal... And I also think it is possible to achieve.
>> Things are going surprisingly (for me, at least) well.
>
> Peter, you have posted the request about filling the Glossary, right ?

Yes, but I do this work only for myself right now.
I have learned my lesson - if I do something in this (or any?)
community without having *all* peoples acknowledge or having ok
and support from a team leader (that really acts like one) -
then your work could be useless within a few seconds!

And yes, I have a problem with that. So until I am very certain
about who is in charge, I do only work that I benefit from.

(BTW, I participate more in the documentation work now, because
I think we *have* a leader! And that feels good.)

--

/Peter Kindström