[Typo3-doc] question about the glossary

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Thu Dec 2 07:03:40 CET 2004

Hi,

It seems that our problem, with the glossary is now how to transfer it
into the DB ? right ?

Peter Kindström wrote:

>> My name is Mark Ravitz.  I've been working on the glossary
>> definitions.   I'd like to join the documentation group.
> Sounds great to me. But you should ask the DocTeam leader, Sylvain
> Viart, about that. Maybe he reads this...?

I read *all* the mail posted in the T3-Doc list, in fact. And try to
reply as fast as possible. ;-)

So Mark, welcome to the DocTEAM. Please send me by private mail, your
TYPO3 user for:
- Wiki       http://wiki.typo3.org/
- BugTracker http://bugs.typo3.org/
- typo3.org  http://typo3.org/

As you seem interested to help with the Glossary I would like to assign
you some task related to the Glossary.

> Ok, I see your point. And I understand it!
> But my "problem" is that I don´t know how to add *new words* into the
> glossary extension database. And therefor I want to keep the new words
> separate until I know how to solve the "problem"  :-(

Peter and Mark could you exchange your knowledge about the Glossary
Extension, Database scheme, maintainer, etc. And write a Wiki page about
that. So I will have all to help you writing importer script and to
contact maintainer to synchronize our work.

Are you OK, with that ?

> I agree with you! But we still have this problem with "transferring" the
> wiki information into the glossary extension/database.

I could help you to write some transfer script. It's one of my main
skill in fact: parsing and regular expression. ;-)

> I think that´s the goal... And I also think it is possible to achieve.
> Things are going surprisingly (for me, at least) well.

Peter, you have posted the request about filling the Glossary, right ?

> Right now I need help/ideas/discussions about how we should handle the
> glossary on the wiki.
>
> a) Let it grow for a while - but how do we transfer it them?
> b) Just add definitions and transfer them every now and then
> c) ???

a) write down the collected information about the Glossary and DB scheme
in a wiki page, I will help you with the transferring process.

--
Regards,
Sylvain Viart -- TYPO3 DocTEAM.