[Typo3-doc] question about the glossary

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Wed Dec 8 08:00:59 CET 2004

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I've moved on Saturday.
Now I've my Internet access back. :-)

So about that Glossary work.

If I haven't missed anything you are speaking about modifying a TYPO3
extension for that. And it seems to have 2 or more existing extension
about the glossary, right ?

Peter and Mark, could you summing up things in
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/EXT/glossary please. (extension's name,
URL, modifying suggestion, name of people first involved, etc.)

I will contact Kasper and other related person who have posted about the
Glossary to find the main developer.

Peter Kindström wrote:
>> It seems that our problem, with the glossary is now how to transfer it
>> into the DB ? right ?
> Not a problem, but something to think about.

Here what I see from your discussion:

We need to collect Glossary term definition in the Wiki.
Freeze some good one and import them into the TYPO3 DB.
Need to know how and where to import them in TYPO3 DB.

> But the transfer script is just a little part of all this work! We still
> do not know how the Glossary extension will work - and that´s the
> important thing!

As far as I understand it, there's a TYPO3 extension sg_glossary, which
purpose is to manage any glossary, not specifically TYPO3 one. Right ?

And there is a development, initiated from Kasper, which modify CSH
(Context Sensitive Help) to introduce link on Glossary defined words,
right ?

> Please, could we first decide who is coordinating/leading the work with
> the Glossary! The typo3.org project page says:
>   Dan Frost (project leader)
>   René Fritz
>   Andreas Otto

I will do it. Thanks remembering me that.

I've proposed to you Peter, to become the new Glossary leader, do you
want this role ?

> But I am not even a member of the glossary team...  :-)

Peter, could you send me by private mail your login names for Bugs
tracker and typo3.org, please.

So I could add your name here.

> Read this tread:
> And if you can figure out what persons are involved (or *should* be
> involved) it would be great! I am just confused... :-(

I will find the good one and come back with it's opinion, thanks for the
link.

Applying my role, I will try to coordinate our work (DocTEAM) with
person developing the TYPO3 Glossary extension. Avoiding lost of work
and duplication.

Please continue to write down your knowledge in
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/EXT/glossary

It's easier for me to follow at the end. I will also put information here.

I've deleted the page
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Glossary:extract_definitions

As duplicate.
--