[Typo3-doc] Comments/questions

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Aug 19 18:59:03 CEST 2004

>> The vote was NOT about the DocTEAM making rules. It was about how we
>> should do to vote about _anything_. We have not voted anything about
>> any other rules!
>
> That's true, please, try to continue my merge work in this direction. :-)

It is... in some way. I have tried to be more specific in the
"decision page":
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Decision/Method_for_decisions

But! I don´t think we _have_ to vote if noone requests it. And
maybe we now should just take the chance to list possible rules
on a voting page, but wait to vote until we need it!?

In that way we get some time to think about it before deciding...

So, we should start writing those decisions pages that are
described on the DocMeetings page.

>> MAIN EDITOR
>> The Main Editor is a person "responsible" for _a_document_. It it NOT
>> anyone repsonsible for the whole wiki!
>
> Ok, but we also need the whole Wiki supervision, too. :-)

True, but that could just be one or two persons in the DocTEAM...
I think it is _psychologically_ better _not_ to have a official
person - in that way you give the impression that the wiki is
free and that it is just "anybody" who do the housekeeping... Do
you follow me?

> But as I'm trying to say, there's people permanently involved in the
> documentation process (DocTEAM), and some temporary contributor, who can
> be very active for a short period and completely quiet after that.

True, and that is why I think there is only need for a DocTEAM.
All other is just the Typo3 community...?!

> DocTEAM members should be reliable and have a good respond time, out of
> their vacation time of course. ;-)

Agree on that!

--

/Peter Kindström