[Typo3-doc] "you have to set up your wiki first!" message

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Mon Aug 9 09:43:03 CEST 2004

Hi Robert,

Robert Lemke wrote:
> Hi folks, I am the sysadmin ...

Great ! ;-)

> For all the others: This is the very beginning of index.php
> <?php
>
> $wgRequestTime = microtime();
> unset( $IP );
> @ini_set( "allow_url_fopen", 0 ); # For security...
> if(!file_exists("LocalSettings.php")) {
>     die( "You'll have to <a href='config/index.php'>set the wiki up</a>
> first!" );
> }

>>- timeout bug ? the tested file is on a network mounted filesystem.
> The tested file is in the same physical directory like index.php. Could
> it be a timeout problem anyhow?

OK but, that is not important here. If the machine which is running the
apache webserver read the index.php, it runs in the local memory. Then
when th file_exists() is executed, the mounted partition, if any, is
requested another time.

Does the VFS use the « Principle of Locality » to cache remote file
access too ?

You didn't say is a local hard drive. :-)

I'm remembering that php also has cache stat file system, See
clearstatcache().

See also, http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.file-exists.php
discussion, about when it fails.

Hope that helps, I'm a sysadmin, too. ;-)
--
Cordialement,
Sylvain.