[Typo3-doc] "you have to set up your wiki first!" message

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Mon Aug 9 09:06:55 CEST 2004

Hi folks, I am the sysadmin ...

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 06:08, Sylvain Viart wrote:
> Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
> > I have already had a look into it, and this file exists. Of course I
> > could just uncomment these lines, but I think this is much more like a
> > quick "hack". What do you think?

For all the others: This is the very beginning of index.php

<?php

$wgRequestTime = microtime();
unset( $IP );
@ini_set( "allow_url_fopen", 0 ); # For security...
if(!file_exists("LocalSettings.php")) {
    die( "You'll have to <a href='config/index.php'>set the wiki up</a>
first!" );
}

> Suggestion:
>
> - file permission problem

Can't be. The LocalSettings.php has the same rights like all the other
files in that webspace, which is 770 with the FTP user as the owner and
the apache group as the group.

> - php bug.
> - operating system bug (file_exists() function)

in file_exists? There are running lot's of TYPO3 sites on that server
which don't have any problems.

> - timeout bug ? the tested file is on a network mounted filesystem.

The tested file is in the same physical directory like index.php. Could
it be a timeout problem anyhow?

> - mediawiki bug ?? and we didn't see it on 4 line of code ??? ;-)

no ...

> - apache bug, sometime the spawned process doesn't have permission to
> test the file, why ? loadbalanced webserver ?

no.

> - a proxy or optimizer / cache system problem, with time sync or something

We use PHPA, but I don't see a problem there - I mean, we never change
the LocalSettings.php.

> If you are the sysadmin, ;-) you have a nice problem in your hand.

Seems like it.

--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And I dare to say, I’m doing just fine without ;)"