[Typo3-doc] "you have to set up your wiki first!" message

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Mon Aug 9 11:10:40 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 09:43, Sylvain Viart wrote:
> >>- timeout bug ? the tested file is on a network mounted filesystem.
> > The tested file is in the same physical directory like index.php. Could
> > it be a timeout problem anyhow?
>
> OK but, that is not important here. If the machine which is running the
> apache webserver read the index.php, it runs in the local memory. Then
> when th file_exists() is executed, the mounted partition, if any, is
> requested another time.
>
> Does the VFS use the « Principle of Locality » to cache remote file
> access too ?

That is from quantum mechanics, isn't it?

> You didn't say is a local hard drive. :-)

It's a local hard drive ...

> I'm remembering that php also has cache stat file system, See
> clearstatcache().

Yes, but I suppose that this is not a problem because the
LocalSettings.php has been there for many days, so why should there be a
different information stored in some stat cache?

> See also, http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.file-exists.php
> discussion, about when it fails.

Didn't help too much, because they discuss remote or huge files only.

> Hope that helps, I'm a sysadmin, too. ;-)

Any other idea?

--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And I dare to say, I’m doing just fine without ;)"