[Typo3-documentation] documenation group, DocTEAM, rules and organisation

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Tue Aug 3 10:07:32 CEST 2004

Hi Peter and other,

Thanks, saying what bother you, so we can really understand the trouble.

Of course there is problems, and more than one, I concede it. :-)

But, I think we shall see the wiki.typo3.org as a lab, to my knowledge,
there is no working documentation groupware tool around the world.

The wiki is one tool, but as we can see, it misses a lot of feature and
training lessons for members. ;-)

Peter Kindström wrote:
> a)
> I have a different goal with the wiki (and at first I thought the NG
> agreed, but I was wrong).

As Patrick said to me by the past, it's very difficult to stay in the
path with our goal and keep volunteer motivated.

It's perfect that you have different goal than other people in the
group. In all the community activity that I have, it's the same for me.

Now, I often involved because I've a commercial goal in mind. I'm
involved in TYPO3 for commercial reason, I sell TYPO3 service. :-)

But I'm an opensource lover, and I want to share my experience with other.

> b)
> We had agreed(?) on the old structure and I was trying to "housekeep" it.

I'm not agree the way the front page have been changed. But as
Jean-Marie said, it better to keep silence when emotion are involved.

And I was thinking the Main_Page could be restored to its first state.

By the way, could someone explain me what *housekeepinp* means ? :-)

> c)
> Noone had any interest for Coby's ideas about voting, which I think is
> necessary for making a _better_ wiki and documentation.

In fact, I must tell that reading Coby is very time consuming and
difficult for me. Even if I've a pretty good english level, it's not my
mother tongue.

Sorry Coby, it's not against you. :-)

And after reading his 10k mail. I have realized that the content could
be summed up in few word. So I start ignoring this discussion, hoping
good things would rise from here between other involved people. :-)

> At this point I start realising that my goal was not the same as this
> wiki/NG.

In fact, it still annoying me that people are reading this source of
information from a newsgroup system.

I'm a mailing list subscriber, because, I've no time to follow NG, than
I'm a DocTEAM member.

NG need an active polling action, ML simply arrive in my mailbox,
filtered in a folder.

NG means a kind of freedom, ML needs registration. ML is best suited for
groupware as NG.

As I was afraid at the beginning, we now are overwhelmed by suggestion
and stopped writing/organizing documentation, to reply to discussion.
Now, we must deal with that publicity. :-)

I've voted, people involved in the wiki and not in vacation should also
vote here.

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Agendaitem_usethismethod

Peter has duplicated, the « Document Team Meetings » place, please merge
the two.

Thanks for everyone time, and keep to be open. :-)
--
Cordialement,
Sylvain.