[TYPO3-dam] DAM 1.3.x TYPO3 4.5.20 link wizard not working

Peter Gallagher pgallagher at electricretina.com
Thu Nov 8 20:34:57 CET 2012

I am using the WEC Sermons extension and when I installed the latest
version of DAM the link wizard 'File' tab is removed and the 'Media' tab
doesn't return the file path and file name.

Before 1.3.x:
The site user would open the link wizard and use the "File" tab to
browse for the file and the path would be returned a follows:
fileadmin/uploads/folder/to/file/filename.xxx

After 1.3.x:
When the site user opens the link wizard the 'File' tab is replaced by
the 'Media' tab. This is not a problem except that when they click on
the file they would like to link the following is returned:
media:2134 (id of media record in DAM I suspect)

Does anyone know how to configure DAM so that it returns the path like
before?

Is there a different 'mode' that needs to be set in the TCA?

Has anyone else had this issue and come up with a solution.

I solved the issue by down-grading to 1.2.4, but I would rather keep up
with the latest versions if possible.

Thanks,
Peter