[TYPO3-dam] Indexing after upload in DAM Element Browser does not work

Peter Kraume usenet at kraume.de
Tue Feb 22 18:08:04 CET 2011

TYPO3 4.4.6
DAM 1.1.8

After uploading a file in the DAM element browser the file is not
indexed. Upon trying to edit it, I end up with the error message "Sorry,
you didn't have proper permissions to perform this change."
Well, rights shouldn't be the problem since I'm admin.

The media field from where I access the element browser and the upload
tab is in a custom extension.

When I do the upload via the backend module (Media => File) indexing
works fine though.

Any ideas?

Thx
Peter