[TYPO3-dam] Exclude fields in DAM

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Tue Feb 22 09:26:05 CET 2011

Hi,

> If a user has access zu Media > File and has no right to change the
> fields file_name, file_path and file_type and uploads a file then the
> file is inserted into the table tx_dam without the three properties.
> Every time the user refreshes the list view a new entry in the table is
> created (without the three properties).

I had this "error" some time ago too, so "fixing" this would be very
welcome.

> In my point of view I see this is a problem because of the inserted
> rubbish in the table. If a user shouldn't be allowed to upload files he
> shouldn't have access to the Media > File module.

If you don't need the backend module, you can also set
options.folderTree.altElementBrowserMountPoints = _temp_/,templates
This will add a read-only file mount in the popup window (available
since 4.2)
See http://jeffsegars.com/2008/08/03/easier-page-links-for-editors/

> If a user should only have read access it is better to have an option to
> disable the upload possibility in the Media > File module via TSconfig.

To disable upload from file module:
mod.txdamM1_file.menu.function.tx_dam_file_upload = 0

This won't remove the "Create new folder" and "Create new text file"
though. I think those can't be disabled that easily atm.

As the mentioned fields are mandatory, they should IMHO not be excludable.
I didn't really dig into all the features, the "list" module offers
(creating collections etc.), but then the rights to edit should probably
be set through the "access" module? So that not "everybody" can change
the records.

Regards,
Andreas