[TYPO3-dam] Exclude fields in DAM

Chris Müller mueller at cyperfection.de
Tue Feb 22 08:48:26 CET 2011

Hi Lorenz,

thanks for pointing me to the documentation.

If a user has access zu Media > File and has no right to change the
fields file_name, file_path and file_type and uploads a file then the
file is inserted into the table tx_dam without the three properties.
Every time the user refreshes the list view a new entry in the table is
created (without the three properties).

In my point of view I see this is a problem because of the inserted
rubbish in the table. If a user shouldn't be allowed to upload files he
shouldn't have access to the Media > File module.

If a user should only have read access it is better to have an option to
disable the upload possibility in the Media > File module via TSconfig.

What do you think or do I miss something?

Regards,
Chris.