[TYPO3-dam] Exclude fields in DAM

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Mon Feb 21 09:23:33 CET 2011

Hi Chris

 > After looking in the TCA I found that file_name and file_path are
 > exclude fields. This means, that they must be manually enabled for a
 > backend group in the access right so they can upload files _and_ to
 > index them correctly.

Yes. This is documented in the manual:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/dam/1.2.0/view/1/4/#id2313630

--> Allowed excludefields

I'm not sure if these files are really necessary for a usergroup that
has rights to link to files, but not to upload new files. If you still
can limit users to have read-only rights to files, I think we can remove
the exclude field flag.

Best regards,

Lorenz