[TYPO3-dam] Exclude fields in DAM

Chris Müller mueller at cyperfection.de
Mon Feb 21 08:48:36 CET 2011

Hi list,

After creating a nice editor group which can upload images and other
stuff via DAM I encountered that problem that people from this group
don't see the new files in media browser. After digging a little bit
deeper I found that the file has an entry in the table tx_dam but with
empty file_path and file_name properties.

After looking in the TCA I found that file_name and file_path are
exclude fields. This means, that they must be manually enabled for a
backend group in the access right so they can upload files _and_ to
index them correctly.

Now my suggestion:
Change file_path and file_name in the TCA to be no more exclude fields.
I think the same should be applied to file_dl_name and file_type. Or do
I miss something? What's your opinion?

Regards,
Chris.