[TYPO3-dam] PHP Warning for extended core method

Chetan Thapliyal chetan.thapliyal at aoemedia.de
Mon Feb 28 18:24:29 CET 2011

TYPO3: 4.4.6
DAM: 1.1.8

Extension DAM extends the TYPO3 core class t3lib_extFileFunctions
(t3lib/class.t3lib_extfilefunc.php) with
/binding/tce/class.tx_dam_tce_extfilefunc.php. In one of the extended
methods "func_newfolder" it adds a second parameter "$id". I am having
the problem with some extensions that uses the original method
signature. Since the new second parameter is not optional I am getting
the following warning message in BE log.

Core: Error handler (BE): PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for
ux_t3lib_extFileFunctions::func_newfolder(), called in ... on line xxx
and defined in
/.../typo3conf/ext/dam/binding/tce/class.tx_dam_tce_extfilefunc.php line 409

My questions simply is what should be the value of $id in the context of
function "func_newfolder". Sorry but this is not documented in the code.

There is another function "func_upload" with same parameter, but default
to false. Can we have the same for the method "func_newfolder" ? This
way it would not affect the method calls with original signature.

I checked the code in trunk as well but there is no change.

Thanks,
Chetan

--
Chetan Thapliyal