[TYPO3-dam] bug: dam_frontend: about creation and modification date metadata

Ivano Luberti luberti at archicoop.it
Thu Jun 3 12:36:19 CEST 2010

Hello, I'm a little confused by how DAM deals with file dates.
In the DAM backend interface, when Il open the form of a file metadata I
can see two set of date fields.
There are two editable fields named "Creation Date" and "Modified Date".
Then there is another set of fields in a larger group named "File" that
have the same name of the fields above but are not editable.
When I upload a file all the fields are set to the same value
corresponding to the current date.

Then I  modify the date in the editable fields to reflect the real
creation and modification date.

Finally I reindex.

When I search the file  using the dam_frontend searchbox it is listed
with the reindex date and not the date written in the editable fileds.
Is this a bug?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa